UniPi Neuron S103 is a universal control unit. It is small and compact but has all the features of professional control units. You can use Neuron S103 as a smart home controller or smart home server, it is also great for energy monitoring, data collection and storing it to cloud or as a powerful and feature-rich gateway for other devices (e.g. boilers).
- 4× Digital inputs 4-24 V DC
- 4× Transistor outputs max. 750 mA at 50 V DC
- 1× Analog output 0-10 V
- 1× Analog input 0-10 V/4-20 mA
- Power supply 24 V DC
- 4× 1.2 GHz CPU
- 1-Wire bus (with galvanic isolation)
- RS485 (for Modbus communication)
- 4× USB
- 1× Ethernet 10/100 Mbps
- RTC with backup up to 7 days
- 1 GB RAM
Compared to Neuron M and Neuron L it has less I/Os and is more compact. It is ready for immediate installation on DIN rails in electric panels where it takes 4 modules of space. All Neuron products are protected in accordance with IP20.
Standard Neuron products – feature overview
Standard NEURON models have variable amount of digital inputs and relay outputs as shown in the table below:
|Model||Number of Digital Inputs||Number of Relay outputs||Size on DIN rail 35 mm|
Small yet powerful. Neuron S103 has excellent response time. Response time between signal on input and reaction on output can reach 0.5 ms. Neuron S103 has 1 GB RAM and quad-core 1.2 GHz CPU. Generally Neuron offers excellent performance parameters of professional PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) Units all in a small box for good price.
Meet the possibilities
- Switch lights
- Control boilers
- Measure temperature
- Control home remotely
- Roll the shutters
- Get notifications
- Energy Monitoring
- Gateway for other systems
- Watering systems
- Building management systems
- HVAC regulation
Neuron S103 can stand out as a master unit for energy management. Do you want to for example monitor and control your boiler? Use 1-Wire bus for digital thermometers and measure temperatures. With digital outputs and external relays turn the boiler on or off. Connect electrometers or gas meters to digital inputs and measure your consumption. With analog input you can read from analog thermometers such as NTC or PT1000. With analogue output you can regulate boiler performance and all data and remote control allows Ethernet interface.
Neuron is suitable for all non-safety systems yet it can control safety system controllers with Modbus. And not only safety systems. With Modbus you can easily manage any external device supporting this protocol.
Neuron is CE and EMC tested. According to standard, all UniPi Neuron products can be used in:
- Residential buildings, apartments
- Commercial areas, offices, banks
- Entertainment areas, cinemas, bars, pubs, dance clubs
- Outdoor places, gas stations, parking lots, sport centers
- Areas of light industry, workshops, laboratories, service centers
- See the EU declaration of conformity in product materials folder.
According to European Standards Neuron S103 is a full featured professional control unit. For the US market it brings an excellent automation development kit.
Neuron S103 product document folder contains these materials:
- Neuron S103 datasheet – full technical description of all product features and their parameters
- Neuron S103 manual – detailed handbook for product with explanation how to set it up and use it
- Declaration of conformity – declaration of standards and regulations products is in accordance with
- Neuron introduction – a brief introduction to Neuron product line