UniPi Neuron L203 is a universal control unit. It is a professional PLC unit with enough features for automation of more extensive projects. Neuron L203 is fit for smart home automation, building management system, energy monitoring, light industry and automation in business field.
Neuron L203 features together with digital inputs and transistor outputs also relay outputs. That makes the unit an adequate control server in greater residential buildings and automated premises in general which can turn on/off central heating, boilers or lights.
- 36× Digital inputs 4-24 V DC
- 4× Transistor outputs max. 750 mA at 50 V DC
- 28× Relay outputs max. 5 A at 250 V AC / 30 V DC
- 1× Analog output 0-10 V
- 1× Analog input 0-10 V/4-20 mA
- Power supply 24 V DC
- 4× 1.2 GHz CPU
- 1-Wire bus (with galvanic isolation)
- RS485 (for Modbus communication)
- 4× USB
- 1× Ethernet 10/100 Mbps
- RTC with backup up to 7 days
- 1 GB RAM
Compared to Neuron S and Neuron M offers the most features and easily handles very extensive automation projects with a lot of data points and switching parts. It is ready for immediate installation on DIN rails in electric panels where it takes 12 modules of space. All Neuron products are protected in accordance with IP20.
Standard Neuron products – feature overview
Standard NEURON models have variable amount of digital inputs and relay outputs as shown in the table below:
|Model||Number of Digital Inputs||Number of Relay outputs||Size on DIN rail 35 mm|
Advanced and very powerful automation unit. Neuron L203 has excellent response time. Response time between signal on input and reaction on output can reach 0.5 ms. Neuron L203 has 1 GB RAM and quad-core 1.2 CPU. Generally Neuron offers excellent performance parameters of professional PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) Units for a good price.
Meet the possibilities
- Switch lights
- Control boilers
- Measure temperature
- Control home remotely
- Roll the shutters
- Get notifications
- Manage central heating for each room separately
- Build and automate advanced projects
- Energy Monitoring
- Watering systems
- Building management systems
- HVAC regulation
- Check whether doors and windows are opened
- Make your own home server
- Manage business or residential premises remotely
Wonder how to use L203? To 1-Wire bus connect up to 15 digital thermometers. Set preferred temperature for each room separately and turn heating on/off in each with relay outputs. Digital inputs can be used for reading for example motion sensors and magnetic contacts in doors and windows. Make the building more secure.
Neuron is suitable for all non-safety systems yet it can control safety system controllers with Modbus. And not only safety systems. With Modbus you can easily manage any external device supporting this protocol.
Neuron is CE and EMC tested. According to standard, all UniPi Neuron products can be used in:
- Residential buildings, apartments
- Commercial areas, offices, banks
- Entertainment areas, cinemas, bars, pubs, dance clubs
- Outdoor places, gas stations, parking lots, sport centers
- Areas of light industry, workshops, laboratories, service centers
- See the EU declaration of conformity in product materials folder.
According to European Standards Neuron L203 is a full featured professional control unit. For the US market it brings an excellent automation development kit.
Neuron L203 product document folder contains these materials:
- Neuron L203 datasheet – full technical description of all product features and their parameters
- Neuron L203 manual – detailed handbook for product with explanation how to set it up and use it
- Declaration of conformity – declaration of standards and regulations products is in accordance with
- Neuron introduction – a brief introduction to Neuron product line