This is a free digital download of Minibian distro with FHEM (unipian_fhem) home automation software configured especially for UniPi. It easily fits onto 1GB sd card! All information regarding the distribution can be found on our wiki. Fhem is a GPL’d perl server for house automation. It is used to automate some common tasks in the household like switching lamps / shutters / heating / etc. and to log events like temperature / humidity / power consumption. The program runs as a server, you can control it via web or smartphone frontends, telnet or TCP/IP directly. Features:
- support for a lot of protocols used in house automation, audio/video devices, weather services, online calendars and more.
- autocreating devices/logs when receiving data from a new device: start FHEM and watch how the plots of your sensors are appearing automatically.
- logging events to files or a database, with regexp filters
- notifying external programs or scripts when receiving certain events
- timed commands (e.g. switching a lamp on from sunset till midnight)
- lot of interfaces: simple text, JSON, XML, each of them over plain TCP/IP, SSL or HTTP.
- modular architecture with currently over 250 modules, easy to add your special device
- lot of frontends, choose your favorite
Fhem is downloadable here: http://fhem.de/fhem.html Fhem is under license: GNU/GPL (v2)