This is a simple 1Wire temperature sensor DS18B20 protected in a water-resistant stainless steel (cap 6*30mm) and 1.5m, 3m and 5m cables with a RJ45 connector compatible with the UniPi board.
See our wiki for topology recommendations.
DS18B20 datasheet: http://datasheets.maximintegrated.com/en/ds/DS18B20.pdf
About 1Wire Temperature Sensor:
1wire temeprature sensor is digital temperature sensor using 1wire protocol
1-Wire® products provide combinations of memory, mixed signal, and secure authentication functions via a single contact serial interface. With both power and communication delivered over the serial protocol, 1-Wire devices are unmatched in their ability to provide key functions to systems where interconnect must be minimized.
1-Wire Product Features:
- Single Contact Sufficient for Control and Operation
- Unique ID Factory-Lasered into Each Device
- Power Derived from Signal Bus (“Parasitically Powered”)
- Multidrop Capable: Supports Multiple Devices on Single Line
- Exceptional ESD Performance